Thursday, April 21, 2011

Less than 3 weeks until Mother's day!!

If you need help finding a different arrangement/bouquet/plant for Mom this year, check out my latest story on Foxnews.com: Finding the Right Flowers for Mom


Think about getting an herb garden for Mom this year! Then, she'll remember how much you love her every time she picks off fresh herbs to use when cooking! 
{International Garden at 807 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Ave.)}
They weren't in stock when I was there, but I love the idea of getting a bay leaf topiary or a small lemon tree! Those would be beautiful and functional too!
{Foliage Garden}
And for those who like me can't seem to grow anything, this is a succulent arrangement. I never had seen this before until setting foot in Foliage Garden at 128 West 28th Street, but now I kind of like the idea. They're desert plants that don't require much watering and come in a variety of colors. I'm not a huge fan of the sticks underneath this arrangement - though there were some others that were really nice!

Know before you go: To check out some of the city's best floral shops, head to Sixth Avenue and 28th Street. From there, you can wander around and see all sorts of great arrangements and varieties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...