Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Sunday dinner tradition

Hope you had a great weekend! We had stake conference today at my church - which means we got to hear from our leaders in Salt Lake City. It was splendid! Then, this evening we had a few friends over for a BBQ - one of my favorite parts about summer! (aka - I don't have to cook until the snow piles up again outside :)

One of the tricky parts about grocery shopping in New York is how to get food/paper towels/drinks home from the store! My good friend, Ciara, brought this over for a drink last summer and it has become a new favorite!

The best part is you can always have the two ingredients on hand. They don't take up a lot of space! And carrying home crystal light (or the generic :) and a bag of frozen berries home isn't heavy like a 2-liter bottle of soda!

I usually mix up a packet or two of lemonade mix - then simply add some frozen berries. I didn't add too many berries because I didn't want it to be super pink since we had some kids over. I've added more or less berries depending on the mood and it has always turned out great!
 
 It's a pretty drink and makes it look like you made something fancy for a dinner - especially in my Fish's Eddy New York Skyline glasses :)
 So simple - yet so good..
And these have nothing to do with the drink... but my darling friends brought these incredible treats over for dessert! Whoa! Chocolate cake with homemade cream cheese frosting! And oreo chocolate chip cookies! They're obviously real bakers :)
Good to know: The berry mix is just one of my favorite items from Trader Joe's. That store really is all it is talked up to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...