Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Ideas - Part One

There's less than a week until Mother's Day! Have you figured out what you're getting your mom?! Whether you live here or your Mom loves {or would love} to visit New York City, this Mother's Day you could give her a present that would let her taste treats from the city all year long! 

Below are the cookbooks from some of my favorite bakeries/restaurants in the city. You can click on any of the images below to see the book on Amazon.com. All of them qualify for free shipping (if you spent at least $25) except Crumbs. Enjoy!

     
Bubby's Pie Company
The brunch here is one of my top five favorites in the city! And I love grabbing a late night slice of pie there as well! You can't go wrong debating between these two!

    
Magnolia's Bakery
Magnolia's is known for their cupcakes, but I really enjoy their carrot cake and banana pudding!

Junior's
The iconic Times Square restaurant and cheesecake shop! Mmm.. so, so good! I just have a feeling it might take a little more talent than I have in the kitchen to recreate Junior's, but I have a feeling my sister, Brooke, would be able to do it!
Crumbs is my favorite multi-store cupcake shop! This is actually a book/kit for kids, but I've given it to friends before and they still loved it!
Sarabeth's is known for their brunch, but I actually love grabbing dinner there even more! The bread basket is amazing! It might be dangerous for me if I figured how to make their bread at home :)

Clinton Street Bakery
Another amazing brunch favorite in the city! Their pancakes and biscuits are unbelievably delicious!

Momufuku
Exquisite, unique, one of a kind recipes! You'll have to check their website to get an idea of what they have.


Alice's Tea Cup
After watching the royal wedding all weekend, I feel like tea and biscuit time right now too!



Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man
The only reason you could possibly not absolutely love this recipe book is if you don't like chocolate. Otherwise, it's a guaranteed winner!



Amy's Bread
I wonder if they give tips in the book on how to make the bread look so pretty too?! I guess I'd have to buy it to see :)

Good to know: An even better idea than just getting her a book?! Make her a treat from one of the books this weekend and present it to her along with the book on Sunday!

PS - I don't have all of these so if you're looking for a specific recipe from one of the bakeries/restaurants, you'll have to check the index of the book :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...