Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yay for {almost} spring like days!

Walking home today in the rain, I passed these tents and just had to take a look inside. Even thought it was windy and raining, it was great to see the farmer's markets are back in the city for the spring!

Here's what I found today on Cedar Street (near Trinity Place)...

Meredith's Bread

Think bakery under a tent!
It's amazing how much of a variety they can fit on just a few tables.
The mini pies and loaves would make a great treat to bring to a friend! I bought the mini banana bread and it was so moist! Mmm..
I didn't try her cupcakes, but they looked delicious!
Next to Meredith's Bread was Red Jacket Orchards...
Check out these luscious apples!
And I took home a small bottle of their RASPBERRY apple juice.. no sugar, no fake stuff.. Whoa! It was so good! I may have to go back next Tuesday! This is just one of the many reasons I love the city. You never know what you will find when you simply walk around!

To see a list of farmer's markets in your neighborhood, check out Grow NYC.

Know before you go: Many - if not most - only accept cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...