Friday, November 11, 2011

Vacation ideas for 2012

First of all, thank you to all of the veterans and military families - who have
served and given up so much for our country!
We admire you and are so grateful for your selfless service that allows us to be free!

Speaking of service, voluntourism is a growing trend in the travel industry!
The service-oriented trips are now offered all over the world 
with thousands of organizations offering different opportunities.
Over the years, I've been to Mexico, Zambia and Peru on these types of trips
and can't say enough good things about the experience!

Here's a quick look at our trip in Africa!

That's my producer Josh Greenbaum and I shooting our Emmy-award winning documentary,
Your Child is My Child.
This is me and my best friend, Erica, surrounded by the children at one of the schools we visited in Africa.
 Look at how each of these women have their babies tied on.
No back support or anything - and they would walk for miles like this.
 My darling mom and Mukupa! He was a comedian :)
 Josh and I working on our documentary near the water - showing how Zambia is an incredibly beautiful nation - but many of its children are in incredibly dire circumstances.
 With voluntourism, you're giving up luxury and comfort (as you can see by how we crammed into this
bus for a day long bus ride - but I can tell you - it's all more than worth it!
 The kids loved my family - as you can tell by them swarming Allie in this photo!
 My dad taught children how to brush their teeth and passed out toothbrushes.
My youngest sister, Brooke, walking with some of the children.

For those of you who haven't been on a voluntourism trip or for those considering one - take a look at my latest story on FOXNews.com!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post!! I haven't seen those pictures in years. I miss Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when did you go? this would be a dream trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...