Thursday, May 19, 2011

So much more than JUST a cookie!

Levain Bakery
167 West 74th Street
It was just kind of a funky day out yesterday with the rain and mist so a girlfriend and I decided we needed a cheery treat! She hadn't tried Levain's before so we headed up to the Upper West Side {UWS}!

If I were to give out awards, I think Levain would earn the award for MOST gooey and delicious Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie in the city! It really is something to try! And you MUST get it fresh from the bakery yourself so it's still warm {if not hot:)} inside!

I feel like the story should go - instead of - if you give a mouse a cookie...

If you give a girl a cookie, she'll be happy all day long! :) And we were!

Sorry the lighting is so bad on these! I was obviously distracted by the sweet smell and just wanting to take a bite!
For fun this time, we sampled this creation! It said it had cinnamon butter on the inside. We liked it, but thought it would have been better to pick up on a Saturday morning for a brunch instead of an afternoon snack.

Racks and racks and racks of cookies! It's amazing how many they can make in one little place!!

Want to try making them at home?! I don't think Levain has released their recipe, but they have links to copycat ones on their website!

Good to know: The bakery's hours are fairly limited (like a normal bakery - but not necessarily what you'd expect in New York): Mon-Sat 8am-7pm, Sun 9am-7pm. If you want these for a date night, you better pick them up earlier in the day!


Also, there is a location that is open seasonally in the Hamptons and another regularly open store in Harlem.

3 comments:

  1. Levain is the best!! This made me want a cookie right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... that is just mean. I could go for one of those about right now. Those are my favorite. I'll have to try the copycat recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...