Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Doesn't this just look so, so yummy?! Well, it was! One of the few things the city really could use more of is Mexican restaurants! I'm sure La Esquina and Rosa Mexicana will be packed today so if you're looking for a quick bite - head on over to Chelsea!

Chipotle's Test Kitchen
149 Eighth Ave. (between 17th and 18th Streets)

From what I've learned, the location on Eighth Avenue in Chelsea is where the chefs test out new items or recipes before making them part of the menu elsewhere. Unique items at this location now (as of 5/4): chorizo, corn salsa with white corn, wheat tortillas, {and I think a few other things I can't remember}...
I've been told this is one of only three Chipotle 'test' kitchens in the world. I heard the others are in Colorado and London.

PS - did I mention how much I love it when I can put a freshly cut slice of lemon in my Diet Coke {and get refills too!!}? Just another reason to check out this 'chain' while in the city!

Good to know: The guy at the register told me this is one of the few {if not only in the city} locations where all of the food is prepped from scratch on site{and you can see them doing it}. So if you really want it fresh, go here!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you stated this blog. I follow your adventures throughout the city - hence how we bumped into you at the garden :) Chipotle is one of my all-time favorite places to go...I didn't know they had a test kitchen! Yeah for new discoveries - that you are finding for us!

    I passed this blog on to some new families that are moving here - it's one of the best welcome presents I can think to give someone...so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks, Summer! So fun seeing you the other day! Please pass along ;) I'll have much more soon about moving and adjusting to city life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your blog posts are me to a T. I think you love Diet Coke as much as I do! Thanks for all of the restaurant suggestions for us newcomers! :) Your blog is my go-to when we are trying to find something to do! - Allyse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...