Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lots of green {and pink} in the city!!

After going to a baptism for a sweet, young boy in our church's congregation on Saturday morning, I wandered over to the Union Square Greenmarket (or Farmer's Market). Dozens of farms, orchards and others set up tents to showcase their flowers, plants, food and more! The selection was amazing! I have been worried about planting too early this year because last year I had to replant multiple times after the cold weather killed my flowers. {Hopefully, I waited long enough!}  
This neon pink flowers caught my eye and I couldn't say no! They reminded me of all of the cute J Crew florescent pink apparel. I also picked up some smaller white-flowered, ground covering to go in between the pink ones. 

Here are the before and after shots! It makes all the difference looking out my kitchen and living room windows. It finally feels like spring is really here!
Ahh.. my own little patch of greenery in the city! It's so refreshing! Hope you had a great weekend! 

Good to know: The market takes place on the west and north sides of Union Square Park on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 8am-6pm. From talking with several of the shops on Saturday, it sounds like Saturday and Wednesdays are the biggest days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...